Directors and Executive Officers
J. Christopher Flowers (Date of Birth: October 27, 1957)
- Director, Shinsei Bank, Limited
- Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer,
J.C. Flowers & Co. LLC
- Member of the Supervisory Board, NIBC Holding N.V.
As of July 20, 2017
Shinsei’s net income in FY 2016 was somewhat lower than originally projected in the 3rd MTMP. This was partly due to negative interest rate policy by the Bank of Japan. However, we would like to do better. This will include:
- Focus on business areas with good growth prospects and where Shinsei is strong.
- Continued cost efficiency. I am heartened by Shinsei’s initial steps in this regard, and the company’s plan for additional improvements.
- Continued return of capital to shareholders. Again I am heartened by Shinsei’s initial steps, and we would like to do more.
I believe that the board of directors understands Shinsei’s objectives and is functioning cohesively. I believe that I make a contribution to the board through my longstanding institutional knowledge of Shinsei, having served as a director for over 17 years, and my experience with global financial institutions over many years.
|May 2012||Member of the Supervisory Board, NIBC Holding N.V. (Current)|
|November 2002||Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer,
J.C. Flowers & Co. LLC (Current)
|March 2000||Director, Shinsei Bank, Limited (Current)|
|December 1988||Partner, Goldman, Sachs & Co.|
|March 1979||Joined Goldman, Sachs & Co.|