About Shinsei Bank
- Q1: Where can I find basic information about Shinsei Bank?
A: Please visit our Company Profile to learn about Shinsei Bank.
- Q2: When was Shinsei Bank created?
A: In October 1998, the Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan, the predecessor of Shinsei Bank, was declared temporarily nationalized under the provisions of the Financial Reconstruction Law. While in temporary nationalization, the bank implemented management policies to fully resolve its non-performing loan issues and undertake the rationalization of its operations. In March 2000, ownership of the bank was transferred to New LTCB Partners, an investor group established by influential financial institutions in Europe and the United States. The temporary nationalization ended and on June 5, 2000, the bank's name was changed to Shinsei Bank, Limited.
In order to learn about major events since the creation of Shinsei Bank, please visit History.
- Q3: What is the Shinsei Bank's strategy?
A: We are focused on being a bank that is always in a leadership position by devoting management resources to strategically important areas and offering value-added products and services that meet the particular needs of our customers. To achieve this leadership position, we believe Better Banking is the key.
Please visit Our Strategy to learn about Shinsei Bank's strategy.
- Q4: Is Shinsei Bank a Japanese bank or a foreign-affiliated bank?
A: Shinsei Bank is a Japanese bank that was originally established under the Long-Term Credit Bank Law in 1952. On April 1, 2004, Shinsei Bank converted its charter to that of Ordinary Bank, licensed under and regulated by the Banking Law.
- Q5: Where can I find Shinsei Bank's news releases?
A: Please visit News Releases to read/download Shinsei Bank's news releases.
- Q6: Where can I find Shinsei Bank's corporate governance structure?
A: In order to secure transparency and soundness of management to improve corporate value, we continue to strengthen the Bank's corporate governance by:
- enhancing the decision-making and review functions of the Board of Directors;
- adopting transparent management decision-making policies;
- implementing a rigorous compliance system and
- increasing disclosure of corporate information.
To ensure these points, we adopted a company-with-committees board model (iinkai-tou-setchi-gaisha) after the annual general meeting of shareholders held on June 24, 2004.
Please see news releases for further details:
- Q7: Where can I find Shinsei Bank's organizational structure?
A: Please visit Organization.
- Q8: Where can I find information about Shinsei Banks' board of directors and management profiles?
A: Please visit Directors and Executive Officers.
- Q9: Where can I find information about Shinsei Bank' subsidiaries and affiliated companies?
A: Please visit Subsidiaries and Affiliated Companies.
- Q10: Where can I find information on Shinsei Bank credit ratings?
A: Please visit Credit Ratings to see Shinsei Bank's credit ratings by Moody's, S&P, Fitch, JCR and R&I.
About Shareholder Relations
- Q1: What is the current stock price of Shinsei Bank?
A: Please check Stock Price Information to see Shinsei Bank's current stock price traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Q2: Which stock market is Shinsei Bank listed?
A: Shinsei Bank is listed on the 1st section of Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Q3: What is the Shinsei Bank' securities code?
A: Shinsei Bank's securities code is 8303.
- Q4: What is the Shinsei Bank's total number of outstanding shares?
A: Please visit Company Profile page in the "Equity Information" menu or Shares and Shareholders to see Shinsei Bank's total number of outstanding shares. (Note: Information is only available as of the end of fiscal year or the first half of fiscal year)
- Q5: Does Shinsei Bank provide preferential treatment for shareholders?
A: Currently we do not provide any preferential treatment.
- Q6: When shall the Meetings of Shareholders be held?
A: The Annual Meetings of Shareholders shall be held in June in accordance with the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation. The notice of convocation of an Annual Meeting of Shareholders shall be mailed at least two weeks prior to the date on which such meeting is held. In case a Special Meeting of Shareholders is to be held, a notice of convocation shall be mailed after going through necessary procedures required by law.
About Financial Information
- Q1: Where can I find Shinsei Bank's financial results?
A: Please visit Quarterly Results page in the Financial Information menu to see Shinsei Bank's financial results.
- Q2: Where can I find Shinsei Bank's "Plan for Revitalization Plan (Keiei-Kenzenka -Keikaku) and" Report on Implementation of the Revitalization Plan
A: Please visit Revitalization Plan page for our report. (Note: Only Japanese is available)
- Q3: Where can I obtain Shinsei Bank's Annual Report?
A: Please visit Annual and Interim Reports page to see Shinsei Bank's annual reports and interim report.
From fiscal year 2008 onwards, Shinsei Bank has decided not to produce paper versions of our annual and interim reports. This is in order to help reduce our impact on the environment and rationalize costs. We thank you for your understanding.
- Q4: Where can I find Shinsei Bank's Yuuka Shoken Houkokusho?
A: Please visit Yuuka Shouken Houkokusho page to read/download Shinsei Bank's Yuuka Shoken Houkokusho (only Japanese web page is available).
About Investor Relations Activities
- Q1: Where can I find news related with Investor Relations?
A: Please visit IR News page for Shinsei Bank's Investor Relations news.
- Q2: Where can I find Shinsei Bank's Investors Relations (IR) calendar?
A: Please visit IR Calendar page for Shinsei Bank's IR schedule.
- Q3: Where can I find contents and materials of Shinsei Bank's Investors Meeting?
A: Please visit Quarterly Results page to listen Shinsei Bank's Investors Meeting, download presentation materials and read summary of presentation.
- Q4: Do you conduct telephone conference at the time of financial announcement?
A: Please visit Quarterly Results page to listen telephone conference and download presentation materials.
(We post the webcasting available for approximately three month after the conference.)