As part of our commitment to acting as a responsible corporate citizen and contributing to societal development, the Shinsei Bank Group actively promotes Corporate Philanthropic Initiatives. The Shinsei Bank Group promotes employee-driven activities aspiring to create a sustainable society together with our employees.
The Shinsei Bank Group aims to create a sustainable society by prioritizing our activities centered on the three themes of "nurturing the next generation," "the environment," and "disaster relief activities" after the Great East Japan Earthquake in 2011. The Shinsei Bank Group also continues to participate in charity runs and supports other activities that are strongly supported by our employees.
In fiscal year 2015, Shinsei Bank Group organized 33 "employee-driven" activities and a total of 530 volunteers including Group employees and their families participated in these activities. Main activities are listed below.
Nurturing the Next Generation
- Financial literacy program "MoneyConnection®"
- "Designing Artists Academy" summer art camp for children in foster homes
- Special Olympics Nippon Tokyo Christmas party
- Service dog demonstration event in offices
- Volunteer work to support the "Service Dog Festival"
- Family day
- "Arakawa Clean-aids" riverbank clean-up
- "Fujisawa Beach Cleaning Project" beach clean-up
- Rice terrace conservation volunteer activity
- "Hana-Kaido" flower maintenance/clean walk event
- Forest conservation volunteer activity
Disaster Relief Activities
- Disaster relief volunteer activity
- Tohoku support tour
- Internal fundraiser to support disaster affected regions
- "Miyagi Selp" Tohoku fair
- Great East Japan Earthquake disaster relief volunteer gathering
- FIT (Financial Industry in Tokyo For Charity Run) charity run/walk event
- Tokyo Run for the Cure®/Walk for Life fight against breast cancer charity run/walk event