Yes, you can.
* In accordance with the Individual Number system effective from January 2016, customers who use the overseas remittance service are required to register their Individual Number (also called "My Number") with us.
* One beneficiary per account can be registered after making the fund transfer over the counter. Then Shinsei PowerCall(0120-456-022) is applicable for overseas fund transfer to the registered account.
* For one overseas fund transfer per month, a fee of 4,000 yen will be waived for Shinsei Platinum customers. For further details, please click here.
Please ask about business hours available for overseas transfer transactions.
USD/ EUR/ AUD/ NZD/ GBP/ CAD/ HKD/ SGD/ ZAR/ NOK/ JPY/ TRY. In principle, recipient country's currency or USD•EUR•JPY are acceptable.
4,000 yen per transfer. Please note that the receiving bank may charge a fee, which will be deducted from your deposit.
What you need
PowerFlex cash card, your registered hanko or signature Verification Documents of your Individual Number (also called "My Number") .Please read Important Notice:Regarding the implementation of the Individual Number system Receiving bank's name, branch, address, country and bank code. Beneficiary's name, address, country and account number to be credited. Beneficiary (Recipient) information must be registered in advance over the counter to make overseas fund transfers by phone. This registration can be made only when a fund transfer is made over the counter. Only one beneficiary can be registered.
* There are some conditions to send money to overseas. For more detail, please contact Shinsei Power Call, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays.
Q: What do I need to bring to make an overseas fund transfer over the counter?
Overseas fund transfer fee of 4,000 yen per transfer*
Beneficiary's (Recipient's) details: Beneficiary's name, address, and account
number, Beneficiary bank name, codes**, branch name and branch address
Copy of documentation that verifies the source of income in which is to be remitted or financial assets (paycheck statement etc.)
Copy of documentation that verifies the purpose of remittance (For example invoice/receipts, etc. in the case of purchase of goods)
* Shinsei Platinum customers are entitled to make one free overseas fund transfer per month.
** Both SWIFT (BIC) and ABA (Fed Wire) Number for the U.S. banks, TRANSIT Number for Canadian banks, Sort Code for UK banks, IBAN Code for countries that adopt IBAN, and BSB Number for Australia and New Zealand banks Without the forementioned details, delay or non arrival of the remittance may occur. Please note that fees may be deducted by the beneficiary bank for supplying insufficient information.
Q: Can I receive foreign currency or yen currency from overseas?