The Charter of Shinsei Bank Group Corporate Behavior
As our management principles, we are to become:
1. a banking group that is sought out by customers, and contributes to the development of both domestic and international industrial economies, while maintaining stable profitability
2. a banking group that values diverse talents and cultures and is constantly taking on new challenges presented by change, based on its experiences and history
3. a banking group that strives for highly transparent management and values that is trusted by all stakeholders including customers, investors, and employees.
In order to realize this, we will comply with all laws, regulations and social norms in executing our operations, respect the basic human rights of all people, and make decisions and act quickly with in-depth analyses and flexible thinking.
In addition, we will respect the personality of our employees and promote a corporate culture under which all employees can demonstrate and develop their professional skills.
We hereby declare the aforementioned decision as a charter.
1. Maintaining Trust
We fully recognize the importance of our social responsibilities and public role as a financial group.
We will strive to maintain unwavering trust from society through the sound and proper management of our business activities based on the principle of self-responsibility.
2. Placing Our Customers First
We recognize that the satisfaction of our customers and their confidence in us form the foundation of our existence.
We will always provide our customers with our best products and services that meet their real needs, while also protecting their interests.
3. Maintaining Transparency of Management
We aim to be an "open financial group" for all of our stakeholders including shareholders and investors by promoting fair, timely and appropriate disclosure of management information.
We will secure sound management and enhance transparency by constantly enhancing our business operations.
4. Respect for Employees
Our success depends on our employees.
We will respect the human rights of all our employees and will create an excellent work environment where they are given opportunities to develop higher skills, are evaluated fairly, and are compensated properly.
5. Strict Compliance with Laws and Regulations, etc.
We will strictly comply with all applicable laws and regulations in and outside Japan as well as our internal rules. We will fulfill our responsibility to society by acting with fairness and integrity in conformity with the common values of society.
6. Banning Any Relations with Anti-Social Forces
We will take a firm and resolute stand against anti-social forces which threaten the order and security of our society. We will block their unjust invasion and will break off our relationships with anti-social forces in order not to provide them with a base for their activities.
7. Contribution to Society
In order to play our role as a ggood corporate citizenh contributing to the development of society, as a company and directors, officers, and employees, we will aim to realize a sustainable society by proactively addressing social issues through our activities which contribute to society.