Notice regarding the ending of International Cash Card (Overseas ATM) service
This is an advance notice for ending the International Cash Card (Overseas ATM) service function of Shinsei PowerFlex accounts. Please confirm the details below.
Ending of cash withdrawal and balance inquiry functions
December 8, 2018 (Sat)
All services such as cash withdrawals and balance inquiry from overseas ATMs will end from this date.
We will stop offering and reissuing cash cards with the International Cash Card (Overseas ATM) service function from October 19, 2018 (Fri).
Thus, cash cards issued after October 20, 2018 (Sat) will not have International Cash Card (Overseas ATM) service function. Please use the cash card at domestic ATM locations.
- Please continue using the same cash card at domestic ATM locations. We will not reissue new cash cards after this service has ended.
- Please sign-up for the GAICA Flex prepaid card (issued by APLUS) for overseas ATM withdrawals. The new "Auto Reload" feature has been added to the GAICA Flex prepaid card (issued by APLUS) on May 20, 2018 (Sun).
Please note that the Shinsei PowerFlex account is only available for residents of Japan. Non-residents of Japan are not able to withdraw or send funds from their accounts. Please also note that foreign citizens who plan to leave Japan (non-residents of Japan) are required to close their accounts before doing so.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the GAICA Flex prepaid card?
Like the International Cash Card, the GAICA Flex prepaid card can be used in over 200 countries and territories around the world to make cash withdrawals in the local currency. If you load your Japanese Yen or foreign currencies (USD, EUR, GBP, AUD) from your Shinsei PowerFlex account to this card and you can withdraw at overseas ATMs and make payments in VISA affiliate stores in Japan and overseas*1.
Customers over 13 years old*2, residing in Japan, with Shinsei PowerFlex accounts and valid email addresses will be able to sign-up without any credit checks.
- *1The bank designated fees will be charged when loading foreign currency. When shopping in Japan, only Japanese Yen loads can be used.
- *2Minors who wish to apply must gain consent from a parent or guardian regarding the application and purposes of using the GAICA Flex prepaid card.